Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Bayh

http://gawker.com/evan-bayh-is-done-making-a-lot-of-money-and-would-like-1783512660

While I understand that Evan Bayh's positions are "mixed" and that he has worked extensively as a lobbyist since leaving the Senate, his return to the Senate would help shore up the Democratic party's ranks.

I respected his father, Birch Bayh, quite a bit. Somewhere I have the letter that Birch Bayh wrote me when I sent him a letter in my early teens.

Indiana has had an interesting political history. The KKK had a HUGE presence in southern Indiana in the 1930s.

They generally vote Republican for national offices, but there have been a number of Democratic politicians that have done extremely well in Indiana.

They are a little small minded sometimes, but there is a lot of genuine heart.

It is the state that raised me, for better and for worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment