Saturday, July 16, 2016

Gangland

In 1985, I spent 2 months in a "correctional" facility in Chicago, in a room with two opposing gang members, a Latin King and a Gangster Disciple.

They seemed to get a long fine with each other, and they were cool with me, a Nerd Wizard.

Some time later, I met the "hacker" in Chicago. He totally tried to get me to snort coke with him, but I refused. He demanded that I at least do "a gummy" (rub a little coke on my gums). Maybe he thought I was a narc?

Man. The urban environment creates really weird gradients, filled with all kinds of insanity.

Now I'm back down on the street level again, doing manual labor and "associating" with the "undesireables".

There's more wisdom out here than I've found in any plush corporate environment.

If you're going to learn, you've got to get down to the street level and see what is happening in the real!

No comments:

Post a Comment