Saturday, July 30, 2016

Computer "Security"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_security

There is basically enough information here to DAMN every single aspect of the current computer infrastructure.

This shit is BEYOND out-of-control, and it will be the assholes that screw all of us.

Pray that there ain't no rootkit for the nukes.

I'm going back to an Apple ][+ connected to a 300 baud dial-up account at my friend's house.

Our conversations were more interesting than any of this bullshit you hear on Twitter.

When I bought my Apple ][+ computer, I got the source code listing of the entire ROM. I could see EVERY SINGLE THING THAT IT DID, and do memory dumps to look at it and to formulate tests to make sure it was doing what it said. There's not zero risk of a chance that something was not quite what you thought, but hackers weren't targeting our personal bank accounts with the shit either.

Good luck to you all. May you never have your lives turned against you by a bunch of pathological bullshit programmers. But you will.

No comments:

Post a Comment